- A living stipend of 3,000 RMB (491 USD) per month
- Airplane tickets to and from China, which will be reimbursed upon completion of the program
- Housing and utilities will be completely covered
- Travelers insurance (insurance can not be used in the Fellow’s home country)
- All work-related traveling expenses will be paid for by Shambala Foundation
- Language training (at a university or with a private tutor)
- One year of international work experience in the humanitarian development field
- An enriching experience abroad in Asia
The Fellow’s Living Situation
Fellows will live in a beautiful courtyard house in Dali, Yunnan, China. This house is located between Dali University and the Old Town of Dali. The sizable and very comfortable house is divided between the living area for the Fellows, an office space for Shambala Foundation, and two classrooms for the social enterprise program. Transportation is very convenient, as almost all work-related activities will occur at the courtyard house during working hours.
About Dali, Yunnan
Dali is a popular city located in the heart of China’s Yunnan Province. Fellows will live in an area located between a beautiful mountain range and a large high-altitude lake. Many tourists like to visit Dali for its breathtaking beauty and proximity to other interesting places in Yunnan.
Yunnan is a diverse area with approximately 25 different minority groups. It has a moderate climate. There are many possibilities for the camping and hiking enthusiast, but Dali itself has many western comforts you are less likely to find in other parts of China.
Dali’s beauty, growing economy, safe environment, and proximity to vulnerable minority groups area few of the major reasons Shambala Foundation has chosen to base its headquarters there.